This position performs various duties related to maintaining the cleanliness of the church building and follows a basic routine. The person in this position must be physically able to carry out basic custodial duties that include but are not limited to: dust mopping, sweeping, floor scrubbing, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning elevator and stairwells, snow and ice removal, and washing windows. This position requires the ability to set up classrooms, moving furniture, chairs, and tables. Light Maintenance includes changing light bulbs, and misc. maintenance. Lock up the building and security checks is apart of the position.
Frequent daily contact with building occupants requires an ability to project a neat and clean appearance and have the ability to establish good working relationships with staff.
- 10 Hours per weekend
- Saturday & Sunday
Hours may adjust depending on special eventsWe Want You To...
We Need Someone Who...
- Provide thorough support and reporting related to job functions.
- Adhere to all policies as outlined in the LexCity Staff Handbook.
- Maintains and updates all policies & procedures pertinent to the position.
- Stewards any applicable budget and adheres to spending and expense policies.
- Oversees special projects as directed by the direct supervisor.
- General Cleaning (windows, vacuuming, bathrooms, moping, etc.)
- Setting up meetings (moving tables, chairs, etc.)
- Taking out the trash
- Operating floor scrubber
- Basic Maintenance (changing light bulbs, paint touch up, janitorial equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Watering plants
- Nighttime security and lockup
Must be able to understand basic English both written and spoken.Required Skills
Ability to operate and maintain various machines including, vacuums, carpet extractors, and floor scrubbers. Basic maintenance skills. Eye to detail, Problem-solving, comfortable with heights up to 12′, ability to be on feet and walk for the entire shift.Physical Requirements:
Bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and the ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.Preferred Education/Experience:
High School GraduateScreenings:
Any candidate offered a position will be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Human Resources. These screenings include a national background check and/or drug screen and personal references.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour