We are hiring for the staff team that Jesus has called to equip our volunteers and to serve our community. Every position on our team plays a role that is designed to advance our mission.
KidCity is dedicated to partnering with parents to help invest in their children to have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. KidCity is essential, not only for caring for the children during adult services, but is a place where often, kids get their first true picture of Jesus and His love for them. The Kids Pastor loves children, families and the local church. We are looking for someone who knows Orange Curriculum and is dynamic at growing and developing teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides thorough support and reporting related to job functions.
- Adheres to all policies as outlined in the LexCity Staff Handbook.
- Maintains and updates all policies & procedures pertinant to the position.
- Stewards any applicable budget and adheres to spending and expense policies.
- Leads, evaluates and develops direct reports, volunteers, and teams under the leadership of this position.
- Oversees special projects as directed by the direct supervisor.
- Develop evangelism opportunities inside and outside the church.
- Communicate a clear and compelling vision for the ministry that aligns with the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Develop, implement, and execute an appropriate safety and security procedure for the ministry.
- Effectively lead staff to ensure they meet the expectations and accountabilities of their role in the execution of ministry objectives.
- Ensure excellence in the kid’s ministry environments where kids, volunteers and parents experience the “awe and wonder” of God.
- Establish great relationships with kids, volunteers, and parents.
- Effectively identify and implement the use of curriculum that engages and excites kids.
- Equip volunteers to do the work of the ministry – direction, training, and resourcing.
- Manage and control ministry budget in a way that establishes strong stewardship and cost controls.
- Partner with student ministry to develop an appropriate strategy for transitioning kids into student ministry.
- Develop effective communication measures to keep kids, leaders, volunteers, and families informed and involved in the ministry.
- Christian Education degree from a Bible college or seminary, and/or leadership experience in a church of 1500+ weekly attendance.
- Child Development - An understanding of spiritual growth, cognitive, physical and moral development for children ages Infant-5th grade.
- Required Skills: Clear communication - Teaching and child development - organization - vision casting - Leadership - Volunteer recruitment - training and leadership.
The above job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of LexCity Church.
Do you have an eye for detail? Do you love making a space look great for new guest? Do you enjoy fixing and repairing things? If so this position could be great fit. We are looking for a Custodian who will care for and honor the facilities at Lexington City Church.
We need someone who is able to do the following:
- General Cleaning (windows, vacuuming, bathrooms, moping, etc.)
- Setting up meetings (moving tables, chairs, etc.)
- Taking out trash
- Operating floor scrubber
- Light Maintenance (i.e. changing light bulbs)
- Watering plants
- Nighttime security and lockup
Ability to operate and maintain various machines including, vacuums, carpet extractors, and floor scrubbers.
Eye to detail, able to lift and carry 75lbs., problem solving, comfortable with heights up to 12', ability to be on feet and walk for entire shift.
1 Positions available:
Position 1: Days
- 23 Hours per week
- Monday, Thursday, Friday - 1:00pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday - 2:00pm-6:00pm
Hours may adjust depending on special events
Child Care Worker
We are looking for Child Care workers who have a passion for children and families. Shifts vary.
Schedule as follows:
- Thursday evening shifts available
- Sunday & Thursday morning shifts available
- Occasional special event shifts
We need someone who:
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts and play.
- Cleaning and sterilization of toys.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation
- Must be happy, mature, and energetic with previous child care experience
If you would like to be considered for an internship program at Lexington City Church fill out the intern application.
We hire applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, physical/mental handicap or martial status.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about employment at the church. No solicitations from recruiting agencies, please.