This position performs various duties related to maintaining the cleanliness of the church building and performing various light maintenance tasks. The person in this position must be physically able to carry out basic custodial and maintenance duties that include but are not limited to: changing light bulbs, painting, misc. small repairs, moving tables / chairs, dust mopping, sweeping, floor scrubbing, vacuuming, emptying trash, and washing windows.
Frequent daily contact with building occupants requires an ability to project a neat and clean appearance and have the ability to establish good working relationships with staff. Attendance at LexCity Church is not a requirement of this position.
15 Hours per week
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Saturday
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm
Hours may adjust depending on special events
We Want You To…
- Provide thorough support and reporting related to job functions.
- Adhere to all policies as outlined in the LexCity Staff Handbook.
- Maintains and updates all policies & procedures pertinent to the position.
- Stewards any applicable budget and adheres to spending and expense policies.
- Oversees special projects as directed by the direct supervisor.
We Need Someone Who…
- General Cleaning (windows, vacuuming, bathrooms, moping, etc.)
- Setting up meetings (moving tables, chairs, etc.)
- Taking out the trash
- Operating floor scrubber
- Basic Maintenance (changing light bulbs, paint touch up, janitorial equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Watering plants
- Securing and locking building
- Must be able to understand basic English both written and spoken.
- Ability to operate and maintain various machines including, vacuums, carpet extractors, and floor scrubbers.
- Basic maintenance skills.
- Eye to detail, Problem solving, comfortable with heights up to 12′, ability to be on feet and walk for the entire shift.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and the ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- High School Graduate
Any candidate offered a position will be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Human Resources. These screenings include a national background check and/or drug screen and personal references.
Job Type: Part-time