We are hiring for the staff team that Jesus has called to equip our volunteers and to serve our community. Every position on our team plays a role that is designed to advance our mission.
This position performs various duties related to maintaining the cleanliness of the church building and performing various maintenance tasks. The person in this position must be physically able to carry out basic custodial and maintenance duties that include but are not limited to: changing light bulbs, painting, misc. repairs, moving tables / chairs, dust mopping, sweeping, floor scrubbing, vacuuming, emptying trash, occasional snow and ice removal, and washing windows.
Frequent daily contact with building occupants requires an ability to project a neat and clean appearance and have the ability to establish good working relationships with staff.
- 20 Hours per week
- Monday – 2pm-6pm
- Wednesday - Friday 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday – 6:00pm-10:00pm
Hours may adjust depending on special events
WE WANT YOU TO…
- Provide thorough support and reporting related to job functions.
- Adhere to all policies as outlined in the LexCity Staff Handbook.
- Maintains and updates all policies & procedures pertinent to the position.
- Stewards any applicable budget and adheres to spending and expense policies.
- Oversees special projects as directed by the direct supervisor.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO…
- General Cleaning (windows, vacuuming, bathrooms, moping, etc.)
- Setting up meetings (moving tables, chairs, etc.)
- Taking out the trash
- Operating floor scrubber
- Basic Maintenance (changing light bulbs, paint touch up, janitorial equipment maintenance, etc.)
- Watering plants
- Nighttime security and lockup
Must be able to understand basic English both written and spoken.
Ability to operate and maintain various machines including, vacuums, carpet extractors, and floor scrubbers. Basic maintenance skills. Eye to detail, Problem solving, comfortable with heights up to 12′, ability to be on feet and walk for entire shift.
Bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and the ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
High School Graduate
Any candidate offered a position will be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Human Resources. These screenings include a national background check and/or drug screen and personal references.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
Child Care Worker
We are looking for Child Care workers who have a passion for children and families. Shifts vary.
Schedule as follows:
- Thursday evening shifts available
- Sunday & Thursday morning shifts available
- Occasional special event shifts
We need someone who:
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts and play.
- Cleaning and sterilization of toys.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation
- Must be happy, mature, and energetic with previous child care experience
If you would like to be considered for an internship program at Lexington City Church fill out the intern application.
We hire applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, physical/mental handicap or martial status.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about employment at the church. No solicitations from recruiting agencies, please.